At the beginning of every week I will take a look at the broad market as a whole and discuss what important updates will be happening in the week and if any significant reports/earnings will be coming out.

Then everyday I will try to find a new stock that I feel is poised for a big next couple of days and set price targets, stops, etc.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Positions

Currently to do my trading I am doing a simulation using www.updown.com

The website currently is not real-time and thus is not very good for day-trading but will work for swing trading. Currently over the time that I have been trading on this "account" of a starting value of $1,000,000 since April (I didn't trade much in April) my return is over 7%.

Currently in my portfolio I have (symbol, position, price paid, stop price, profit price)

CF: Long, 134.00, 134.5 (moved up the stop price because of the 10 day MA that seems to be holding), 155.00

ICE: Short, 161.00, 165, 135

XOP: Short, 62.78, 64, 55

Some of my biggest wins have been:

Long: Pot, Mon

Short: Bidu, FSLR

I'll be working on keeping my portfolio up to date:

Currently I have a limit order to short COP at 88.25 (which should get filled tomorrow) (I will talk about this in the next post)

I am going to look through my securities list and see which companies also look good as potential candidates.

No comments: