At the beginning of every week I will take a look at the broad market as a whole and discuss what important updates will be happening in the week and if any significant reports/earnings will be coming out.

Then everyday I will try to find a new stock that I feel is poised for a big next couple of days and set price targets, stops, etc.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ideas for this week:

Again I really have to say that I'm loving the action on ICE. Here's the chart:

I know I called this one a few weeks ago but it is going so great I just had to bring it up again: As can be seen good h&S top pattern with a good volume pattern. RSI and MACD are all showing a bearish-divergence. Looks good down to 120-130 area!

IP: has done really well and will definitely suffer some pullbacks since it's gone all the way up to 28/29. A good indicator that it will do well in the long term is that Cramer bashed it in the lightning round so that's always good for business :-p

AA:
So from this chart of alcoa you can see that there is strong resistance at 48 that was established in July of last year. The next thing that can be noticed is that there is an upward trendline (green line). It was broken in early 08 but has since recovered above it. The MACD and RSI have the same trend and were also broken at the same time. The interesting thing about this chart is that AA looks to have form an inverted H&S with a neckline (in purple) at 39. My guess is that this is going to go up hit the resistance come back down to the neckline and then go back up to test that resistance. So we'll see what happens with that more of a watch and wait with this one...

ATI:
This chart isn't set up as well as some of my others but... here goes.

Trendline was broken. Strong resistance at 86. RSI bumping up against the 50 mark and also the downward trendline. Should go down to about 70 but if it breaks 60 it will go down a LOT farther!

SOPW:
DISCLAIMER: I currently own SOPW and this is more for the people that have invested in SOPW with me...
Now let's look at the chart..

Positives: To me it looks like SOPW has found a bottom. It has held support at 1.16 and the MACD has shown a positive divergence through the down-trend-line, ditto for the RSI. Furthermore it broke the down-ward trend-line in mid april.

Negatives: There is a LOT of overhead resistance. First the stock has NEVER been above it's 50 day Moving Average so just getting above that is going to be a real chore (as evidenced by it bumping up against it every time and going lower). But we are reaching a spot where it's going to go over the 50 day MA or it's going to roll-over dead (I hope it's the former and I think it should be the former since it looks like we got a bottom). Secondly right at 1.99/2.00 there is going to be a ton of resistance.

All in all I think that we'll be trading above the 50 day MA shortly and then also below the 2.00 line for the near term (unfortunately).

That is all for today guys I'll try to do some more different stocks tomorrow!

No comments: