At the beginning of every week I will take a look at the broad market as a whole and discuss what important updates will be happening in the week and if any significant reports/earnings will be coming out.

Then everyday I will try to find a new stock that I feel is poised for a big next couple of days and set price targets, stops, etc.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For the new people

Welcome to my blog. The first thing that you will notice is that I haven't posted in a while (since May of this year). At that time I was busy looking for a job trading and I found one in Chicago in June and started working in July. So I've been pretty busy and with the market the way it is I didn't really have time to learn my job and to blog. But now I'm ready and frankly there are way too many opportunities for me to not comment on and to take advantage of.

Also, I just opened up a new brokerage account with Thinkorswim so now I can purchase options (mostly puts) so that I can take advantage of shorting companies without having to find the shorts (which is a problem I had when i wanted to short BIDU at 370 they couldn't find me the shorts and therefore I couldn't "invest" in BIDU *it currently resides in the 200's *sigh*).

Most of the strategies that I will be talking about in today's current climate will be shorting opportunities since I still think that there is a ways to go in the market. I will be doing an updated post on the broad market in general every sunday and I will mostly focus on equities during the week.

If you have any questions/comments please feel free to write it up in the comments or to send me an email at bouje13@gmail.com. Let's try to keep this site about investing/trading and making money. Also, if anyone has any ideas for posts that they would like to know more about (most likely a beginners section) I can do that to kind of explain terminologies and exactly what I am looking for when I'm looking at equities.

I think that that is all ENJOY!

Jason

No comments: