At the beginning of every week I will take a look at the broad market as a whole and discuss what important updates will be happening in the week and if any significant reports/earnings will be coming out.

Then everyday I will try to find a new stock that I feel is poised for a big next couple of days and set price targets, stops, etc.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Beat the Street Picks:

Okay guys here are my BTS picks for this week. Keep in mind I picked extremely volatile stocks because to win this contest the gains for all 5 stocks have to be around 20%. With that said here are the picks:

HAL Short: Again Hal is at it's 52 week high. RSI is at 85% so there really cannot be that many more people to take the stock higher. Furthermore their earnings come out on Monday and SLB missed their earnings for this past quarter so I look for HAL to do the same and to give back these monster gains (and they are due for a pullback anyways).

BIDU Short: I feel that Bidu had a huge play off of Google's earnings and I feel that they will have a big fall off (10% on friday) plus nearing some gap resistance at 340.

Goog Long: After google's strong earnings on Friday I feel like they will continue to go up.

Citi Short: Citi up HUGE on Friday I don't see how with their huge write-off's..

CF Short: Again at 52 week high high RSI needing a pullback..

Let's see how I do..

No comments: