At the beginning of every week I will take a look at the broad market as a whole and discuss what important updates will be happening in the week and if any significant reports/earnings will be coming out.

Then everyday I will try to find a new stock that I feel is poised for a big next couple of days and set price targets, stops, etc.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Next Week Revisiting Some Old Plays:

AMX:

As I said before AMX looks like a good short (read the old post) and so far hasn't changed all too much from where I recommended it. The interesting thing is that the technicals have changed all too much but they have become more bearish so here's the new chart:


Obviously the broken H&S and it's neckline are still here. The intresting things that have changed since the last update is that the MACD has crossed into negative territory (as indicated by the dark green circle) (bearish sign) and so too have the ADX (Also bearish). Furthermore I feel that there is the dark green trendline underneath from the lows and another trendline near the top (which oddly enough forms a rising wedge). The RSI has continued to go negative and is at the midpoint. Obviously I still feel that this is a great short opportunity so:

Short above 62.5, cover at the orange line at about 56.2 and your stop loss should be at about 65.

But with this rising wedge I feel that it will break the bottom of the rising wedge this week and trade down to about 56.

VPHM:

Because of the huge movement down of the market on Friday obviously VPHM has been taken with it. Like I said I liked it to be bought around 9.20 where the 50 day MA is. The chart really hasn't changed all that much just like I said needed to test the support and then will hopefully come back up and finally break that resistance at 10.

HAL:

Has cooperated nicely and has broken that neckline and then blew by the resistance at 42. The MACD has went pretty high and most of the oscillators have pointed toward it being oversold but the trend is our friend. So:

Wait for a pullback and buy HAL at about 42.2

Buy:42.2
Stop Loss: 41.8
Profit take 43.9

We'll see if it keeps going up but I doubt it. HAL needs to pull back a bit and test that resistance IMO

No comments: